It was seven years ago that the first bag legislation was introduced. We’ve seen a lot of change over seven years. 2012 was a busy year for local bag ordinances; both in California and around the world.
Here are some stats for California:
- 20 new bag ordinances adopted in 2012, covering 41 cities and counties
- That’s double the number of bag ordinances adopted in 2011
- Stores in at least 56 cities and counties will be affected by bag legislation by Earth Day, 2013
The new year will see many ordinances approved during 2012 require compliance in January 2013. These cities/counties include:
- Alameda County, CA
- Laguna Beach, CA
- Pasadena, CA (2nd part of their phase-in program)
- The Big Island of Hawaii
- Village of Mamaroneck, NY
- Barrington, RI
- Corvallis, OR
- Laguna Vista, TX
- Mukilteo, WA
Our retail packaging specialists stay on top of the ever changing market conditions. Let us help you navigate bag legislation in the municipalities you sell into and select the best packaging for your stores. We hope that you will contact us by phone at 888-429-5673 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.